Curated by ITF - Issue 5
Slow Sewing Project Planner
The ITF Slow Sewing Planner will offer you clarity about what’s missing in your wardrobe, as well as sustainable tips to organise what you already have. By taking time to reflect on your process and plan for the months ahead, you can also take time to feel proud of the lessons you're learning and the amazing things you can do with your hands!
The Slow Sewing Planner is something to use at the beginning of the year, the beginning of a new season, or whenever you need inspiration about what to make next. By sewing clothing intentionally, over time you will create a wardrobe that reflects who you are and ensure feel at ease in your me-made wardrobe.
The Slow Sewing Planner is a digital product that you can use over and over. Print the whole booklet or just the exercises you would like to work on. It's up to you!
Please note: This product can only be purchased by Current Curated by ITF subscribers. If you would like to sign-up you can do so here.
Skills you will learn
- How to reflect on what you’ve made
- Look back at the skills you’ve learnt
- Use these reflections for the year ahead
- Organise your wardrobe - in the right way for you!
- What to do with pieces that are hard to let go
- How to get clothes back into rotation
- How to use your findings to evaluate your wardrobe
- How you want to feel in the clothes you make and wear
- How to create a moodboard
- Creating a colour palette
- Plan your skill building
The Slow Sewing Planner is a 50 page workbook, filled with exercises that will guide you through the process of planning your me-made wardrobe. This includes:
- Wardrobe diary
- Flow chart to determine what you’re wearing (or not!)
- A space to record garments to support your existing wardrobe
- Project planning template
- Mending/alterations tracker
- How to organise a clothes swap
- Thinking about where second hand clothes go
- Skills list - to help you select those you want to learn
- Tips for making time to sew
- Fabric labels - sort and organise your stash
- Tips for shopping your stash (or fabric shopping)
- How to organise your pattern library
- Pattern labels - Specification sheet
- Reflection list for each garment
Mighty Networks community
By purchasing this issue you will gain access to the extra resources we shared in our online community group when we released the project. This means that you will be able to ask questions, share your makes and connect with other makers who are also on a mission to learn new skills and sew clothing in a slow and conscious way.
This planner is designed for you to use as little or as much as you like! You can select a few exercises or do them all! Plan for the year/season ahead or come back to it each time you start a new project. It has been consciously created for makers of all sewing levels to help you decide what’s right for you, rather than overwhelm you!
Digital product details
The Slow Sewing Planner is a digital product so you can use the PDF over and over. Print the whole booklet or just the exercises you would like to work on. It's up to you!
The planner is suitable for printing on both A4 and US letter sized paper.
Print at home planner: 50 pages.